Monday, August 1, 2016

Racist miss teen "usa" uses "N" word

(Getty Images)
Miss Teen USA Karlie Hay allegedly used the N-word a number of tweets prior to being crowned on Saturday night at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Hay’s tweets have seemingly been removed from her Twitter account @haaykarris,  but there still remain offensive messages from a few years ago.
Not long after the 18-year-old blonde-haired, blue-eyed Hay beat out runner-up Miss North Carolina Emily Wakeman for Miss USA did social media explode with purported screen grabs of Hay’s past tweets filled with the N-word (below). While the former Miss Texas did not comment on the controversy, she wrote on Instagram after her win, “Several years ago, I had many personal struggles and found myself in a place that is not representative of who I am as a person. I admit that I have used language publicly in the past which I am not proud of and that there is no excuse for.”
Hay added, “Through hard work, education and thanks in large part to the sisterhood that I have come to know through pageants, I am proud to say that I am today a better person.” “I am honored to hold this title and I will use this platform to promote the values of The Miss Universe Organization, and my own, that recognize the confidence, beauty and perseverance of all women,” concluded the new Miss Teen USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment