Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bay Area Legend from Hip-Hop group Conscious Daughters, "Special One" Found Dead

"Growing up in the Bay Area you cannot say you don't remember the song "Somethin' To Ride To (Fonky Expedition)" cause it was on the radio and in all the tape-decks lol! I may have had the CD but I do know the song and I remember the group. Conscious Daughters had me ready to write my tape next. They are a part of what shaped me today and turned me towards music. RIP Special One..." Smokey D of HWY




Via VladTV.com



Previous Comments


- R.I.P Special One! I still be jamming that song Gamers to this day!
Janky   20 Hr(s), 47 Min(s) Ago

- Wow,sorry to hear this. R.I P
If I ruled the world   21 Hr(s), 1 Min(s) Ago
- More conscious on the way we raise our daughters -Nas-
caesar   22 Hr(s), 44 Min(s) Ago

- far as westcoast cmg was some beasts lyrically and them doggies angel s females snoop had, Rip my queen say hello to heavy joe and everyone else we got yall down here.
Danny Stringer,Jr. music mgr. from Cali.   23 Hr(s), 50 Min(s) Ago

- Special One aka Karryl Smith, you and CMG gave the hip hop world one of the coldest westcoast jams of all time. (funky expedition remix) So your with God now looking down on us and you will never be forgotten.
mr hip hop757   1 Day(s) Ago

- funky expedition from conscious daughters was the shit. that song is in my ipod.
Beast Mode    1 Day(s) Ago

- RIP she was a beast on the mic...Rhymes and delivery were sick....so sad...Big loss for hip hop. One of the tightest Female MC's ever!















No comments:

Post a Comment