Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa Fired over Naughty Boys & Girls Joke

San Francisco's Macy's Union Square has had "Santa John" on the clock for 20 Christmases.
He's been on the job since 1990, but now John Toomey is out of a job because of a joke he says he's used for decades.
Macy's fired Toomey over the weekend after a couple who visited him for a photo complained the joke was in bad taste.
Toomey says he must have told it a thousand times and notes he only tells it to adults.
"When I ask the older people who sit on my lap if they've been good and they say, 'Yes,' I say, 'Gee, that's too bad.' Then, if they ask why Santa is so jolly, I joke that it's because I know where all the naughty boys and girls live," he explained.
Macy's hasn't commented on Toomey's dismissal.
Toomey is still hoping his long time employer will reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment